Friday, April 2, 2010

The beginning of 7 straight work days!

Hello hello!!

Sorry it's been a few days since I've blogged. I had 2 days off which was really nice. The only problem was that everybody else was working the days I had off! So I went to wal-mart (the cp bus is really convenient) to get groceries and decided to go to epcot by myself. I have to say, going to a park by yourself is sooooo much better than just hanging out in an empty apartment. It was nice to just wander the park and watch all the crazy people that go to disneyworld!!! I got some delicious ice cream in the african section and watched the chinese acrobats' performance. Those little kids are amazing! If you haven't seen the show, GO SEE IT! They were flipping around and jumping through hoops and I just don't even know how they got their bodies in some of those positions. And yes, I'm talking about little kids. I know I couldn't do any of that at the age of 10.

I almost decided to stay for Illuminations, but I just wanted to get home and relax with my roommates. We had a very exciting trip to Marshall's for necessary clothes :) And Danica got to tell me all about being "friends with mickey" (winkwink). She's been so nervous since we got here, I think we all were. It seems that after about a week, everyone starts falling into a schedule and getting used to our different roles.

On my second day off, I slept in......a lot :) Gotta love getting out of bed at 11. I was going to do laundry, but I went down to buy a laundry card only to find out that I needed $5. This wouldn't have been a problem, except the machine wanted exactly a $5 bill. Not 5 ones or a ten, A $5 BILL. So I kinda just gave up on that and decided to go to hollywood studios for some.........hmmhmm......research :) I have to be very familiar with the park for my job, right? So I decided to go over there and wander around. Apparently, it's supposed to be really crazy crowded right now but it didn't seem too bad. Tower of terror (sign said 45min) seriously walked right into the library, amazing! Then I wandered over past the little mermaid (I don't really like the show they have) 5 minutes until the next show....ok......air conditioned and cool......sounded good to me. Then I wandered to the back of the park (toy story of course had a 2 hour line so skipped that one) and walked right into the muppets show. Then I waited 5 minutes for star tours and had some dinner at the backlot express while watching the jedi training show. Those little kids were so adorable!! Then I got into indie jones about 10 minutes before the show started. And finally, I ended the day like every day should end in the studios, in a trip through the movies on the Great Movie Ride! Overall, definitely a wonderful day, a lot of perfect timing and fun times.

Well today it was back to work. I got up at 530 and caught that 615 bus........yay. Got to work and finally got to meet with the manager who is actually organizing my training......finally. My first 2 days were pretty unorganized and today....well....it was still kinda unorganized. But guess what?! I finally learned all the table numbers!!!!! woohoo!! I'm one step closer to passing the dreaded assessment on monday. I got to meet a few more cps today at my work location! yay!! They were all really nice and helpful. I feel like the cps are definitely more willing to help me out than the full-timers that have been there 20 or 30 years. Fellow cps are a wealth of knowledge and can prove to be a wonderful source of information and guidance, always remember that. Also I think the cps make the work location more fun. People who are about 21/22 are definitely more into dancing with the characters and making work fun. I also got to chat with one of the cp character attendants too!

Overall it was another interesting day :) I'm so glad that I don't have to get up at 530 tomorrow!!! My shift doesn't start till 130 so I can sleep in. I think I'm gonna learn the closing procedures and the dinner setup.

Well I appreciate anybody who's reading this. And thank you to Jenn for giving me my first comment!!! I was so excited to see that somebody is reading and enjoying this :) If any of you readers have any questions for me or just want to say hi please leave me a comment below.

Talk to you later!!

2 comments:

  1. just thought i'd comment since i'm going to be doing FSFB too and also go to a quarter school. woohoo for quarters! i'll be there 6.14 :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying reading your blog so far! It's getting me that much more excited to get there myself in a few months!

    Good luck with your assessment! I'm sure that you'd do wonderfully. :)

    ReplyDelete