Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cast Adventures

So yesterday was one of my days off. One of my roommates, Becca, and I decided to go over to the Cast Connections store and Property Control. They are right next to each other and right across from Disney University. Definitely 2 really awesome places. Basically Property Control is full of merchandise that is broken/defective/too specific to sell to guests. For example, I saw a lot of shirts that said "Joe's 25th Birthday Celebration". Obviously if they put that in a regular Disney store it would take forever to sell. But anyways, they have some good stuff in there. I got a picture frame for my sister for really cheap because it was kinda faded. Everything in there is 75% off for all cast members. You have to show your id to get in and then they swipe it when you pay. They have a little bit of everything: hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts, jewelry, sunglasses, toys, etc. Also they are constantly changing what they have, so I think I'm gonna go back in a couple weeks to see if I can find anything else I want.
Cast Connections is right next door and is also a cast discount store. Stuff is a little more expensive in there because they don't carry damaged goods. I think it's just a lot of leftover merchandise from the parks/Disney stores. Disney is constantly putting new t-shirts/sweatshirts/everything into their stores and the old stuff has to go somewhere. I'm pretty sure it sorta just ends up in cast stores.
Well after our cast discount shopping adventure, Becca and I were going to go to Blizzard Beach. Right now cast members can go to the water parks for free!! (Until June I think) Unfortunately, we got there and the park was full to capacity. Weird right? I don't think that park is very big. So we decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon instead. My other roommate Tara works at Blizzard so she was disappointed we couldn't come visit her. But we had fun at Typhoon. I hadn't been there since I was like 7 years old so it was cool to go back. My favorite slide was by far the Crush 'n' Gusher. But we also did the 3 raft rides they have, their lazy river, and the wave pool. I wanted to go snorkeling too, but by that time it was getting late in the day so we skipped it.
After that we went over to Vista Way to sign up for CP classes. I signed up for the Experiential Learning class because it sounded the most interesting. I was really disappointed that they weren't offering the Exploration Series classes. I really wanted to take the Marketing class because that would pertain to my major. Oh well.
Then we went home and had a family meal with Danica. It was kinda cute to sit around the table and eat real food. Well we had chicken, tator tots, and green beans :) That counts as a real meal.
And finally I ended the day with the Great Movie Ride and Fantasmic. That was a lot to fit into one day, but it worked :D
It's so easy to find something to do here at Disney, and it's even better when you have someone to go on adventures with you! (Not that I haven't gone to the parks by myself multiple times).
Well, I've got work in about an hour and a half, so I'll try to write later this week.
Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment