Saturday, March 20, 2010

Almost Ready to Leave

Well I'm almost done packing. Tomorrow morning my parents and I will be driving down to LA to stay with my grandparents for the night. Then at 6am Monday morning, I'm ON MY WAY TO FLORIDA!!! This past week has been so crazy. Packing, finals, and everybody wanting to see me "one last time" before I leave. My mom also decided to choose to freak out about my health insurance at the last possible moment.
I decided when I was accepted into the program that I wouldn't choose to receive internship credit for it. I took so many AP classes in high school and I definitely didn't need any more free elective units. So instead of wasting $2000 on electives I didn't need, I decided to take the quarter off. Which kinda messed up my health insurance coverage :/ But.....the good news is that I was able to get something called travel insurance from a company called Seven Corners for only a couple hundred bucks. It's really nice too cause the hospital and urgent care center closest to lake buena vista accept it. So would I rather pay $2000 to remain a full-time students OR $200 for temporary health insurance? :)
So I was glad that got taken care of. One less thing my mom can stress out about. Other than that, I've just been packing nonstop. My sister came to visit and I got to spend like no time at all with her :( Between studying and packing there just wasn't a lot of time to go hang out at the beach.
The weather was so nice this week. Yes I am going to talk about the weather......is there a problem with that? It was amazing this week! In the 70s the entire time, perfect weather to go outside and relax (not that I had time to go outside and relax). It's like SLO was sending me off with fond memories of it so that I would come back :)
I've been watching John Henselmeier's punishment week lately. I feel really bad for him, especially since he's sick this week. It seems like even his body wants to punish him. But I've enjoyed watching all the vlogs. I've never been on Stitch's Great Escape, but the way he's dreading it kinda makes me not want to ride it :)
I finally saw alice in wonderland!!!!! (about time right?) I really liked it! Parts of it were kinda weird (the whole dancing thing at the end kinda freaked me out) but overall I enjoyed it. There was a preview for Toy Story 3 and Tron so I got really excited!! I'm kinda glad I'll be with a bunch of disney maniacs in June so there will be no shortage of people who want to go see toy story with me.
Well I think that's about it. I most likely won't have internet access till I get to Florida. I don't even know if the hotel we're staying at will have internet available for me to use. I really want to keep blogging throughout my program. Even if nobody reads this, it'll be nice to have so that I can look back at my program and remember. I can't wait to find out where I'll be working!!!!
TTYL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment