Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 2

Well day 2 isn't quite over, but I figured I'd type some of this down now while I have a few minutes to myself.
I started today at about 630 with my roomie getting up. It actually kinda helped me get up since she was moving around the closet and the bathroom. We figured out really quickly that we want to get some kind of curtain to put up in the sink area of the bathroom. Because the sink area is open to the bedroom, it's really bright if someone wants to turn on that light to use the mirror to put on makeup or brush their teeth. Neither one of us wants to wake up the other if we get back really late from work or need to get up really early for work. So I'd suggest to anyone living in patterson to consider getting a curtain rod and pretty curtains to put up.
We caught the 734 bus and got to vista at about 750. We were one of the first people there and got through the lines really quickly. This is when we turned in all our on-boarding paperwork and got inspected for the disney look guidelines. A couple of my apartment mates were told that they needed to change their hair color so that it looks completely natural and is all one color. Then we went inside and found out our assignments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got............(drum roll).......................Hollywood Studios!!!!!!! I will be at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant working as a seater. I've never actually been in there before, so I think maybe either tomorrow or this weekend I'm gonna go in there and see what the costumes are like and how the atmosphere is. I did look it up online and saw that it is a home-style buffet with character dining! Which sounds really awesome, the only downside is that it's playhouse disney character dining and I will have no idea who any of the characters are. Maybe my homework should be to watch the disney channel in the morning to learn all the characters :)
Anyways, after you find out your role, you turn in another form that has to do with your eligibility to work (you just need either your passport or your driver's license and social security card). Then you learn about how your payroll works and you're all done! It all took me about 30 minutes.
So then we just all came back to the apartment and relaxed/hung out/talked for a while until we had to go to our 945 housing meeting. This is where they just go over the rules and where you can go if you ever have a problem or need help. That took about 2 hours, which seemed really long. Helpful tip: bring a sweatshirt or jacket to this meeting because they keep the room freezing cold.
So then we just came back and ate some food :) I made a quesadilla and everyone was all impressed as they ate their sandwiches, cereal, and microwave food. That's been about it for today. I'm just relaxing in my room right now trying to relax and I might try to take a little catnap because tomorrow is going to start even earlier. We have to be at the bus stop at 645! WAY TOO EARLY!!! The only good thing about having traditions in the morning is that we'll be able to get our ids earlier and go play in the parks! We're thinking about going to magic kingdom to go see wishes :)
Well that's all for now!
Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment