Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Day :)

Day 1!!! I'm here!! yay!!!!!!
So day 1 began for me with getting over to vista at about 9:10. Since march 24th is a very small check-in date, the lines were very small which was really nice. We filled out some paperwork. Picked out our apartment complex, and were given an apartment assignment. Then we got our lovely housing id pics....and i mean sooooo lovely. People could then register their cars (i don't have a car here but it looked pretty simple). Then a couple more forms to sign and then it was off to check out my apartment and claim my bedroom. After that i went back to vista to go to casting for the background check (fingerprinting). Then we went to wal-mart, walgreens, bed bath & beyond, and finally publix to get important supplies.
Things I bought:
comforter, pillows
combo lock (there's a locker in the closet)
towels
paper towels
those clips for chip bags
hangers
scissors, tape
lamp for the bedside table
toiletry stuff
and lots and lots of food!
I was so glad that my parents were here to help me move in the first day. We rented a car so that we could drive to get everything I needed. I don't think I would've been able to get everything I needed while riding the bus.
So, I ended up in Patterson. I kinda wanted Chatham, but so far Patterson is really nice. Everything here still looks so new and in really great shape. I'm in a 3-bedroom which means I am living with 5 other people: danica, erica, alex, becca, and tara. Danica is my actual roommate, and her role is CHARACTER :) I think that's so awesome. Becca is also going to be a character performer. I think danica will be friends with minnie or mickey, and becca is going to be friends with tigger!
Well I thought that on the first day I would find out where I would be working. Nope. :( I have to wait until the second day. I did catch a peek at one of the folders they had my paperwork in and I think it said Hollywood. So I'll be really happy if I actually do work in the studios! (btw: that's my favorite park)
Well the first day ended with a well-deserved dinner with the parents and a relaxing shower. I said good-bye to my parents (which was kinda easier than I expected) and finished organizing my room. Then to bed at about midnight so that I could wake up the next morning by 645 to catch the bus over to vista for......DAY 2.

P.S. I wanted to post this last night, but I kinda was too tired to finish the last couple of paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment