Sunday, March 28, 2010

Too tired for a title

So the past couple of days have been crazy!

We went to traditions! I had the early session so I had to be on the bus at like 645 which wasn't very much fun when your roomie decides she needs to get up at 4 in order to be ready. I actually enjoyed traditions for the most part. The first 1/2 hour was kinda torture, we just watched a powerpoint presentation and a lady read it to us. But after that, it was a lot of fun. The two people that presented traditions to us were really fun and had a lot of energy. We played games and my group (which was actually a group of my apartmentmates) won the "name the most disney characters in 90 seconds" game with 36 disney characters. I got a little pluto statue for that :) We got our ids, our nametags, our training schedules, and got to walk around the tunnels and fantasyland for a little while.

After traditions a couple of my roommates and I went to Magic Kingdom. Of course we kinda got stuck on the first ride we went on (pirates) for about 15 minutes. Oh well. Then we went on thunder, space, and phillarmagic. We also saw the show in front of the castle and got some tasty frozen drinks (it was kinda warm out).

Yesterday, which was the day after traditions, was my orientation to my workplace, hollywood studios. We clocked in and got a walking tour of the studios. Weaving in and out of backstage areas was kind of confusing. Literally you turn a corner and all the sudden you're onstage or you're offstage. Then we did some e-learning classes, and got a more detailed training schedule. We all went to see our work locations and met our managers (well we said hello to our managers, it was really crazy). Then it was off to costuming! Mine actually is kinda cute, if you've ever been to hollywood and vine you'll know what I'm talking about.

Then, as I was getting onto the bus to go back to the apartments, I met my roommates coming off the bus. They were all excited to be going to hollywood studios and asked me to come later. So I went home, ate some dinner/lunch, watched phineas and ferb for 15 minutes, and ran to meet the next bus. I have to say, I had pretty perfect timing to reach the bus. A couple seconds later and I would've missed it. Well I got to hs, found an atm (i've been running low on cash), and met up with 3 of my roomies. We went to see beauty and the beast, went on star tours and great movie ride, watched the american idol experience, and went back to catch the bus.

Those were definitely a couple of long, tiring days. Today I have my food & bev basics class at disney university in a couple of hours. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't take 4 and a half hours like my schedule says it will.

Well after the first few days, I got less nervous after traditions, and more nervous after orientation. We'll see how tomorrow goes, because that's when I actually start on the job training.

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I'm reading! I hope you continue to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete